Aon is looking for a ESG Director for either our San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, or Washington DC locations.
Your impact as a ESG Director
- Researching, assessing, and advising companies on Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy and exposure items, as they relate to reporting standards, regulations, peer practices, company strategy, and investor standards.
- Presenting analysis to senior level executives aboards of directors
- Representing Aon externally at various industry events
- Consulting with clients on alignment with a variety of ESG disclosure frameworks, such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, UNSDG’s.
- Working alongside other Governance team members and with clients to customize stakeholder engagement discussions and navigate the evolving regulatory environment
- Collaborating with product lines across global Aon to deliver the best solutions to our clients
- Participating in board/executive education sessions on emerging ESG topics like climate, cyber, diversity & inclusion, talent attraction & retention, and effective governance
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years of work experience preferred.
- Experience in corporate governance, executive compensation, ESG, finance, data & analytics, and/or consulting preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with senior-level executives and business clients
- Ability to communicate complex strategies and content in an organized and articulate manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, including ability to multi-task
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor Degree with strong academic record in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Political Science, Environmental Science/Law or related subjects or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. For positions in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the local Fair Chance ordinances. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community to stay informed about Aon opportunities.