Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Who is Anthology Inc?
Anthology Inc. is a new company offering industry-leading solutions to better support the ever-changing needs of Higher Education. Our ideas are built to connect and inspire campuses, creating new opportunities for them as well as a continued dedication to all higher education.
What will you learn?
The Anthology Graduate Program is a paid hands-on training program for recent Bachelor or MBA graduates who are interested in building a career and working for an Education technology software company. During the 7-month program you will gain a deep understanding of the Anthology business which allows you the opportunity to develop soft skills, gain product knowledge, become certified in Microsoft Dynamics 365, and gain valuable on-the-job experience.
This program will begin in January 2021 and June 2022 and will be based in our Boca Raton, FL or Buffalo, NY office.
Why is this job important?
The position is important because you will receive hands-on learning opportunities, a foundation to build your skills, and develop capabilities for your future career. Plus, you will have the opportunity to add value and contributions to the company.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for forward-thinking, motivated, and self-driven candidates to join our company and support key functional areas of the business. These functional areas are Client Services and Professional Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, MIS, or other related degrees
- May 2022 post-graduates
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 minimum
- 0-2 years of course work, or relevant work experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a positive attitude
- Proven leadership skills alongside academic, athletic, or extracurricular excellence
- Creates high quality work product and demonstrates exceptional quality control
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and self-teach new skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skills as a team player and able to work independently
- Fearlessly curious, challenging the status quo by looking at solutions in unconventional ways and seeing opportunities to innovate
- Troubleshooting skills are preferred.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organization skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated work ethic and detailed orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
After completing the training program, you will have the potential to be placed into a role across the three functional areas of the business Client Services and Professional Services. We want you to come to work thinking about how you can help make us be better.
Your future role:
- Assists in the Business Process Analysis and Modeling to ensure clients adopt best practices that streamline operations.
- Participates in the various scopes of implementations from analyzing the customer’s business requirements to configuring the Anthology solutions to meet those customer’s needs to end-user training and go-live support.
- Understands customer objectives then sets and manages expectations relative to service delivery resources and actions required to meet objectives.
- Assists with the creation of Client Services documentation, including Knowledge Base articles
- Assists in documenting the business requirements to express what actions a solution must take and what outcome is expected.
- Assists implementation team with configuration, functional design documentation, and user acceptance testing and training with the customer.
- Gathers and analyzes data to support various business processes.
- Provides problem resolution for end-users, including research on various data and reporting issues, collaborates to gain input on potential solutions.
- Recommends, maintains, and updates solutions configurations.
- Completing all classroom and e-learning training as required.
- May assist in post-go live service calls and continued training of customers that are live.
- To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all of our employees have an opportunity to participate in and contribute to the success of the business. We are dedicated to providing every Campus Labs employee with the best possible employment experience regardless of their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, familial status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing/genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We highly value the many identities, perspectives, and experiences of all of our employees.