Full Job Description
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Actuarial Analyst assists in the determination of rates. Analyzes, develops and validates statistical data. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
- Updates actuarial pricing, valuation and forecasting models as directed.
- Refines and collects appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy by coordination within the division.
The Actuarial Analyst II completes projects and performs complex actuarial studies. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Obtains, verifies, analyzes and models data including risk reporting and forecasting.
- Calculates monthly claims liability reserves, develops merit rating factors and prepares Department of Insurance annual statement exhibits
Actuarial Analyst Minimum Requirements
- Requires a BA/BS degree and to have passed a minimum of one Society of Actuaries (SOA) or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) actuarial exam; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Actuarial Analyst II Minimum Requirements
- Requires a BA/BS degree and to have passed a minimum of three Society of Actuaries (SOA) or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) actuarial exams and a minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.