Sustainability & Procurement is an INFLUENTIAL strategic function at the world’s leading Beer Company. We go beyond traditional cost management, delivering results by partnering across ALL business functions through leading-edge category management initiatives. Our Team challenges and develops innovative sourcing solutions negotiating the most valuable deals and a total cost of ownership approach. Through Sustainable Sourcing we are LEADING the way to our Better World Dream and our 2025 Sustainability Goals.
Purpose of the Position
In Sustainability & Procurement we are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for ambitious, curious, and bold people that have the potential to become category leaders. A successful candidate will be passionate and have a creative mindset, relying on analytics and strategy to have an immediate impact on the business.
In this role, you will be challenged with project work owning category strategy, developing business cases, exploring innovative solutions, and leading supplier negotiations. Throughout a 12-24-month program, you will be exposed to a variety of business areas such as Marketing, Packaging, Raw Materials, Logistics and Sustainability. Members of the Sustainability & Procurement Development Program will work as Sourcing Managers and will deliver innovative quality solutions and present to Senior Leadership.
The Sourcing Manager acts as an owner in line with the category vision strategy, by respecting all 4 of the key purchasing processes at AB InBev (requirement management, supplier management, sourcing, and business alignment)
Develop the sourcing strategies for the Category Scope:
- Develop product and supplier information
- Evaluate product specifications requirements
- Analyze market trends and assess supply base
- Identify cash flow opportunities through reduced costs, payment terms, and efficiencies
- Negotiate and contract sustainable sourcing solutions
- Provide recommendations to Category Director and present results to Senior Leadership
Develop and lead innovative sourcing initiatives:
- Perform business case for sourcing scenarios
- Collaborate with suppliers and stakeholders to develop innovative design changes
- Explore creative solutions to deliver on our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Identify supply chain efficiencies through our Supplier Value Creation platform
- Provide sourcing and innovative recommendations to Category Director & Senior Leadership
Past Sustainability & Procurement Development Program Project Examples:
- Partnering with our farmers to source a software solution to track critical data for our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Assess innovative new financial instrument for hedging freight and develop business case
- Explore contractual assets with MLB, MLS, and affiliations to capture value opportunities with partners
Qualifications and Technical competencies required
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Data Science, or relevant field. Completed or Graduating December 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Passion for and in-depth understanding of global Sustainability Trends
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Collaborative mindset & effective communicator
- Advanced PC and presentation skills
- Strategic & conceptual thinking
- Capable of independently managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable navigating in ambiguous situations
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to deliver breakthrough, high quality results
- Passionate leaders who can envision new “ways to win” and engage others
Work location to be St. Louis, Missouri – permanent remote work arrangements not applicable for this position.
Must be authorized to work permanently in the country of full-time placement.
Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the beer industry. For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into America’s cultural fabric. We employ more than 18,000 people nationwide, all united by a passion for making great beer and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are home to several of America’s most recognizable brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a portfolio of regional and craft brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting beers in the industry.
At the core of our company are our people, who we believe are our one sustainable advantage. Our people are curious, ambitious, resilient, and never satisfied with our results. We see challenges as opportunities, push boundaries, and thrive under pressure. We empower our employees to act as owners to achieve our shared Dream: Bringing People Together for a Better World.
Are you up for the challenge? Then a career at Anheuser-Busch might be for you! Visit us at anheuser-busch.com/careers to learn more.
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.