Senior Technical Analyst
Senior Technical Analyst
Area of Interest
CLICK HERE to watch a company video
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
Ameritas is seeking a Sr Technical Analyst to join the Expense Analysis team in Accounting & Finance. In this role, you will be responsible for working independently with business units and/or Enterprise Services functional areas to provide analysis and insights on expense trends and observations. You will analyze and deliver monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports.
What you do
- Prepare and present timely and accurate divisional expense reporting and analysis.
- Identify & validate the data or reporting needed to address questions or general business problems.
- Compile & analyze this data to calculate performance measures as needed.
- Partner with business leaders throughout the Enterprise to provide expense analysis and insights as requested.
- Develop expense projections and forecasts in relation to strategies, program outcomes and sales results.
- Reconcile planned expense performance metrics including KPI’s with actual results. Identify & validate underlying drivers and resulting impact.
- Lead budget preparation as needed; this includes gathering, assembling, and formatting data, and preparing analysis on a tight timeframe.
- Identify efficiencies through a consistent approach while ensuring controls are in place to maintain the financial integrity of the analysis. Continuously evaluate the process for enhancements.
- Resolve internal & external customer inquiries, collaborate cross functionally throughout the Enterprise.
- Perform cost and product expense allocations.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry level associates.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of accounting and finance experience.
- Experience with expense budgeting, reporting and analysis preferred.
- Trusted Advisor with good communication and relationship management skills.
- Technical aptitude with strong excel skills.
- Experience with Peoplesoft or a similar platform preferred.
What we offer
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.