Primary Job FunctionFinance
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the compilation and analysis of financial information for the organization. The Financial Analyst will support the financial analysis processes for the Enterprise, and will act as a liaison for financial data to the functional area management. The position will potentially interact with employees at all levels in the organization, external clients, and vendors.
- Assists in driving change as needed to improve financials for the organization and builds analytical tools to gain efficiencies in financial modeling as required.
- Analyzes and summarizes the division’s financial statements, expenses, and records.
- Develops recommendations for management decision-making.
- Prepares and analyzes the monthly financial statements and reports to produce forecasts of business, industry and/or economic conditions for use in making sound business decisions.
- Analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed programs.
- Works closely with other departments within AmeriHealth Caritas to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis.
- Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
- Reviews monthly financial operating results, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance.
- Works with other departments for account reconciliation.
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Accounting or closely related field.
- 1-3 years Financial Analysis.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other financial systems, specifically Hyperion.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, Associates are presently working remotely. When Associates are transitioned back to the office, the functions of this position will be performed onsite at our offices located at 3805 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073.