Cynch City Manager
Antioch, TN, US
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Cynch City Manager will be responsible for all aspect of day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, managing day to day delivery operations, customer account management, personnel management, fleet management, inventory management, compliance to DOT regulations and industry safety protocols. The Cynch City Manager is also responsible for forecasting and planning for seasonality and growth as it pertains to inventory, fleet and employees/contractors.
- Relentless focus on pleasing the customer
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ready to solve any problem that comes up
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all deliveries for day are completed
- Inventory management / communicating with supply plants
- Manage hourly driver staff
- Oversee local recruiting, interviewing and hiring
- Account management of commercial accounts
- Managing and tracking efficiency in all aspects of the operation
- Manage fleet maintenance for company owned vehicles
- Managing independent contractor drivers
- Manages the training of new hires and new contract drivers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Word, MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to work Satrudays
- A high level of drive and self-motivation
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Excelent people manager, leads by example and motivates others in collaborative fashion with commitment to get the job done
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years of management in operations, warehousing or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of propane industry a plus
- Experience with delivery businesses a plus
- A 2 or 4 year degree
- Clean Driving Record
- This position will require weekend hours and may require a 5 day schedule per week overlapping with Saturday or Sunday
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville