The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health through education and community programs, develops suicide prevention through research and advocacy, and provides support for those affected by suicide. AFSP has local chapters in all 50 states with programs and events nationwide. AFSP’s Development Internship is a multi-faceted opportunity to work in a fast-paced, supportive environment while furthering AFSP’s critical mission.
The program offers an UNPAID internship to students, which runs from January to April, and must be tied to a college-level internship program. The successful intern will receive a monthly stipend for food and other personal expenses.
Reports to: Senior Director, Individual Giving
The Development Intern will work closely with the Senior Director, Individual Giving and the Individual Giving Associate in piloting a new fundraising campaign to grow revenue on Facebook. Internship provides the opportunity to gain experience in driving revenue and properly stewarding supporters of the organization’s mission. Internship is a remote position and will require a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Oversee engagement and stewardship of donors and participants in Facebook fundraising campaign
- Manage data in third-party Facebook management system
- Regularly report on fundraising campaign progress
- Provide customer service to Facebook fundraising campaign participants
- Draft and proofread professional correspondence
- Pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and experience utilizing functionalities of social media (particularly Facebook), Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) applications, and email
- Dependable, reliable, honest & trustworthy
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Comfortable interacting with individuals through social media, on the phone or via email.
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Research, writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Demonstrate commitment to non-profit work
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Development Intern in the subject line. Applications without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.