You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Operational Excellence (OE) team is part of American Express’ first line of defense and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies enabling sustainable growth and best-in-class customer experience while maintaining an effective and efficient control environment and responding with discipline to operational breakdowns. The team is also responsible for comprehensive implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework adopted by the company and consisting of several core components including governance, forward-looking risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, reporting and monitoring across CFR globally. The CFR OE team has a global remit with teams in New York, Phoenix, and Gurgaon. This role will be a critical part of the CFR OE team located in New York.
CFR Operational Excellence aims to ensure that the business unit has a robust first line of defense, actively supporting the Business in delivering on its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework, ensuring:
- Robust, sustainable core processes that drive high levels of process quality
- Strong governance and control practices and accountability – local and central
- Product and processes that comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies, with effective controls and rigorous testing to prove it
Candidate must be an undergraduate
- Undergraduate in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Ability to drive project deliverables to achieve business results
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with sophisticated, unstructured initiatives
- Ability to integrate with cross-functional business partners worldwide
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills and ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and collaboration skills
- Credit/Fraud risk management experience and understanding of credit lifecycle is preferred
- Operational Risk knowledge and/or background is a plus
- Prior experience in process reengineering background is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.