This position is part of a centralized team responsible for administering a comprehensive regulatory compliance program for the American Express Fair Lending Program Office (FLPO). The FLPO is responsible for performing quantitative analysis, business process reviews, and other activities in support of AmEx’s fair lending program. The program promotes AmEx’s impartiality in lending by assessing the risk of noncompliance with AXP’s fair lending principles and applicable fair lending laws and regulations. This position will ensure that compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored and controlled. The FLPO invites experienced hires and recent graduates to join our team.
The main responsibilities of the fair lending analyst will be to:
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of Fair Lending card and banking rules and regulations and their impact on its operations and services;
- Recommend revisions to documents, policies, and procedures, as needed;
- Independently lead fair lending testing and reviews collaborating with various partners;
- Provide support for fair lending reviews and analyses;
- Summarize in written and oral form the results of monitoring and testing activities;
- Actively monitor complaints alleging discrimination;
- Assist with the Business Self-Testing process in relation to fair lending laws and regulations.
- Fair Lending, UDAAP, or similar compliance experience in the financial services industry is preferred, but not required;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with SAS, R, Stata, or other statistical modeling software is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to operate within a fast-changing business environment;
- Self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail-oriented individual with analytical, writing and organizational skills. Must be able to work within a team environment or independently, as required.
- High organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple and concurrent
activities and projects and meeting deadlines in a high energy and dynamic working environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above required.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”