You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CRFC) Team is a newly expanded and integrated organization that brings risk strategies to life by enabling customer focused capabilities. Our team is transforming the company with the next generation of credit and fraud capabilities. This Analyst / Sr. Analyst position will play a central Product Manager role in envisioning and design of next generation of global consumer and commercial credit risk capabilities spanning limit management, customer management, authorizations and hardship and collections. This is a stakeholder facing role that is responsible for process vision and roadmap, customer experience, business architecture, capturing and grooming requirements, prioritization, status tracking and reporting, defining process SLAs and controls. The incumbent will lead transformation of risk systems, play a central role in detailing the blueprint, and work in close partnership with stakeholders in Credit and Fraud Risk, as well as external experts to arrive at the best design/solution and oversee its execution.
- As a Product Manager, translate needs of business owners/stakeholders and deliver on the Product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Credit and Fraud Risk Management, Modeling and Marketing to brainstorm innovative solutions, capture requirements and benefits and drive a common future vision
- Determine the requirement readiness for development, initial level of E2E solution design, and rationalization and prioritization
- Drive enhancement of end-to-end customer facing processes that support core risk management decisions and create innovative solutions that are cost-efficient and scalable across the enterprise
- Work in close partnership with Risk Capabilities and American Express Technology to deploy next generation risk capabilities, designed for long-term adaptability
- Run ad hoc analytics in support of the capability development
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Global Banking, and the AXP Privacy Office to deliver defect-free capabilities with the flexibility to meet evolving customer needs while satisfying all relevant regulatory requirements
- Customer mindset with an ability to think in terms of systems/capabilities needed to be built/enhanced to deliver on a business strategy
- Understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) principles and experience effectively managing a backlog of competing initiatives desirable
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive transformational change
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
- Knowledge of credit authorization, credit bureau, decision science models or experience in another core credit risk management function and/ or knowledge of Amex data and risk technology platforms preferred
- Experience on working with Cornerstone Data, SAS/SQL, Hive preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.