Financial Reporting Acct
Financial Reporting Accountant
Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and other reports on a quarterly and annual basis for various AEP legal entities, including SEC registrants. Also responsible for the preparation of various internal management reports and other supporting tasks, such as the creation of journal entries, participating in monthly closing process, or participating in monthly consolidation process.
1) Assist in the preparation of SEC and other financial reports, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Form 1, and 3Q.
2) Assist in the preparation of journal entries to support consolidation process and financial statement preparation process.
3) Assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data for internal and external customers.
4) Perform analytical review of financial data.
5) Comprehend complex accounting theory.
6) Interpret and apply accounting regulations and pronouncements.
7) Keep abreast and stay informed of the latest rules, regulations, and reporting requirements of the SEC, FASB and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
8) Assist in the Edgar and XBRL processes required for SEC filings.
9) Maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control processes.
10) Assist in cultivating positive business relationships between financial reporting and AEP business partners.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, or business with a concentration in accounting.
Two to four years of accounting/reporting experience.
Prefer working towards CPA certification.
1) Competency in written and oral communication.
2) Proficient in Microsoft applications.
3) Experience with business reporting tools preferred.
4) Detail-oriented with an ability to employ a logical approach to accomplish objectives and solve issues.
5) Ability to promote a positive culture within a team setting.
Columbus OH Area