Full Job Description
Amentum is seeking a Finance Anaylst III to join our Team
The Finance Analyst III is responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial studies and reports and act as a strategic partner providing timely and concise reporting & recommendations to improve results and performance to ensure successful contract & operational management and execution.
- Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variances from budget.
- Prepares and manages accounting activities, transactions, preparing month end accruals, journal entries and maintaining financial statements.
- Assist with development or maintenance of EAC (estimate at complete) files and analysis
- Review vendor invoices and oversee processing to payment, perform weekly A/P reconciliation.
- Prepares analyses of accounts receivables and administers the collection of past due receivables.
- Prepares other financial analyses and evaluations as requested.
- Prepares monthly invoices and submit timely billing to the customer.
- Completes unbilled analysis for the project.
- Identifies opportunities of cost savings for Operations and be the business advisor.Works closely with Operations, support financial reporting for the customer, and helps maintain financial health of the project.
- Assists to create and maintain project codes.
- Keeps good documentation of contracts and purchase orders.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Partner with various business groups to ensure contractual requirements are met.
- Tracks scope change management
- Assist in financial metrics/dashboard creation tracking
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require 10% travel.
Safety – AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality – Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance – Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or demonstrated equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills & working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- MBA or CPA Preferred
- Costpoint, Hyperion, Cognos, Project Accounting, Financial Analysis & Modeling, Revenue Recognition principles