Full Job Description
10+ years of a successful track record leading large, strategic, and complex technology sales pursuits from origination to close, presenting to and negotiating with C-suite customers, and leading cross-functional deal team alignment.
BA OR BS (or equivalent experience)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. As the leading Cloud platform and services provider used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world, AWS customers range from start-ups to Global 500 companies across every industry.
The AWS Global Strategic Pursuits (GSP) team engages with field account teams to drive pursuits for unique, complex, and highly strategic cloud infrastructure and services opportunities. As AWS continues to scale, we are seeking a Strategic Deal Leader to grow and build transformational multi-year deals.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of Cloud technologies, coupled with a track record of success of growing and closing large and complex, multi-year pursuits.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Developing large and complex cloud deal opportunities, with the potential to extend into pan-Amazon opportunities.
- Partnering closely with Sales Leadership Team and field sales organization.
- Effectively communicating internally with CEO, VP of WW Sales and Product Team leadership.
- Shaping or reshaping deals to best meet the needs of our customers and leverage AWS’ capabilities.
- Earning trust and influencing C-level executives at customer organizations and within Amazon.
- Ensuring optimal deal resourcing, approach, and product alignment.
- Resolving deal escalations.
- Supporting, coaching, and developing large deal closing capability. Developing scalable strategies to enable winning key strategic deals.
Successful candidates will possess a technical sales background to drive engagements and the ability to articulate solutions with software developers and architects. We are seeking a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about sales, business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and to work cross-organizationally to build alignment.
How is AWS committed to furthering our culture of inclusion?
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent business judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of their team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is action and results oriented
- Is highly analytical and structured
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.