Full Job Description
- 5+ years of data-driven strategic and technical work experience performing relevant, innovative, product management job functions; ideally with a focus on international business (MBA preferred)
Amazon Web Services is looking for an entrepreneurial Senior Technical Product Manager to develop and scale a new productivity product starting from the early stages. You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. You’ll be responsible for creating the product strategy and vision for a new global product and you will own product features, roadmaps and go-to-market plan.
This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to define and implement new product features to grow new business opportunities. You will proactively identify and resolve strategic issues and schedule the resources to deliver your program. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of your cross functional project and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a start-up like environment that still offers work life balance
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic business cases to leverage core technology capabilities for implementation in various use cases in Amazon’s cloud and productivity business. Develop technical product management documentation, including user scenarios and detailed business requirements.
- Interact with key business and technical stakeholders to define and track key product performance indicators (KPIs), as well as release-specific success metrics.
- Interface with partner and technical teams to identify opportunities to innovate and improve product capabilities
- Work with early-adopter and visionary customers to invent the next set of customer-centric pricing solutions
- Bring an eye for user experience and design to ensure pricing features drive high adoption and seller delight
This team is a great fit for you if
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon’s global customer base
- You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
- You like to solve interesting technology problems
- You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- · Quantitative background with high attention to detail.
- · Proven ability to extract actionable business insights from complex analyzes of large data sets
- · Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- · Experience working cross-functionally with designers, engineers, and business leaders to generate buy in for the product direction you are setting.
- · Experience in developing, delivering and executing on a compelling product vision and roadmap
- · Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- · Excellent analytical abilities and oral/written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .