Are you experienced in Data Center Estimating and looking for a fast paced and cutting-edge environment to work in? The AWS Construction Estimating team is seeking a passionate and motivated Estimator to work on a global level to provide construction cost estimates for various stages of design development phases across a portfolio of fast paced construction projects. The ideal candidate is innovative, analytical and knowledgeable of the global construction market, the core systems integral to the construction of data centers, and their associated costs. You should have a bias toward automation and a track record of creating complete estimates for construction projects. You pay attention to detail and solve problems at their root. You have experience developing cost estimates, and working with remote teams with an ability to communicate effectively with both construction and non-construction professionals. At Amazon we leverage unique opportunities presented to us and are diverse, creative, team oriented professionals working on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities.
Success as a Construction Cost Estimator, (US) is measured by:
· Establishing and monitoring overall estimating plan for assigned construction projects.
· Leading project scoping reviews with estimate requestors to define project scope and estimate deliverables.
· Use and maintenance of historical cost metrics to drive improvements in estimate accuracy.
· Utilizing tools and templates for various levels of estimates and project types including risk assessment.
· Producing estimate reports based on AWS standards.
· Analyzing and providing timely feedback of vendor proposals using AWS benchmark data
· Validating large or complex changes with regards to cost impacts
· Managing revision control of scope and estimate for new designs and innovations
Travel may be required, including international travel.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Data Analytics or equivalent
· 5 years of progressive experience in construction estimating with knowledge of MEP and CSA cost elements.
· Proficient with estimating software such as CostX or equivilent.
· Windows Power User skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Accepts and adapts to changing requirements.
· Effective communicator and information organizer.
· General Contractor estimating experience with Data Center or other mission critical construction environments
· Experience developing and justifying budgets
· Experience communicating estimate strategy to construction and non-construction professionals
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to create and maintain documentation
· Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
· MS Office Suite power user
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.