At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. As part of our Climate Pledge to reach net zero carbon by 2040, we’re inventing solutions to drive carbon emissions out of our real-estate portfolio. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
As a Sustainability Program Coordinator you will be responsible for assisting with the execution, tracking, coordination and program management of initiatives that reduce carbon emissions and improve the sustainability of our facilities and emerging business operations.
This candidate will work with stakeholders throughout various Amazon teams, such as Real Estate, Transaction, Pre-Construction, Construction, and new business teams to help drive projects to integrate carbon reduction, water and waste reduction initiatives during the design and construction of new Amazon facilities. This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the United States and will require occasional travel.
• Provide administrative support in coordination with Pre-Construction managers, Construction Managers, technical solutions team on sustainability initiatives across large-scale projects
• Compile and organize program updates, details and schedules in a reportable format
• Engage with key stakeholders, including Developers, General Contractors, and design team for providing project support, project reporting and related tasks
• Drive the successful implementation of the sustainability and net zero carbon initiatives across 100% of new launches by providing timely assistance to internal and external stakeholders
• Compile pertinent metric information regarding progress against team sustainability goals and publish to program leadership on a weekly basis
• Act as the central hub for managing changes and updates affecting the different projects, and initiatives supported. This includes but not limited to attending North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF) sustainability program meetings, staying connected to project activity in the field and communicating issues to the wider program network
• Perform all responsibilities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Travel up to 20% domestically
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience in project, construction, or base building management
• Project Management certification (such as certified associate in project management) or certificate related to construction project management
• Green building or energy management certificate or working towards one, such as LEED Green Associate, Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
• Experience as a project engineer or manager in a construction management setting
• Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
• Effective time management and organization skills
• Effective and professional communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish processes, workflows, standard procedures
• Self-starter that is able to identify opportunities and drive solutions
• Entry level competency in support of a full range of construction management/administrative tools and best practices
• Comfortable operating in an extremely fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity
• Excellent problem solving skills with diverse stakeholder groups
• Interested in the energy and sustainability industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
San Francisco, CA: P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
State of Colorado: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $58,800-$102,900/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.