Full Job Description
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
The Advertising Supply & Monetization team is transforming how customers interact with advertising while shopping on Amazon. We are tasked with maximizing the long-term value created through display advertising by delivering an engaging ad experience to millions of shoppers each day. We partner closely with both Retail and Advertising teams and are responsible for thousands of placements running billions of ad impressions worldwide. Our work is seen by 100s of millions of customers across Amazon properties, and demands rigor in solutions development with the need for continuous improvements in scale, latency, and the overall customer experience.
Impact and Career Growth:
- Opportunity to grow and broaden your program management skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
- Grow your technical knowledge by collaborating closely with technical teams on product delivery and operational product management
- Deliver positive impact on the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon customers
Key job responsibilities
- Conceptualize, design and implement programs to improve advertiser experience
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to establish processes, tools and controls
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate operational processes with technical solutions
- Execute and drive tech team program/project delivery, execution, and adoption across multiple organizations and teams
- Build and manage project schedules and plans to support key deliverables including goals reporting
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
- Define, document processes to be followed in the programs and provide training to program team
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Plan and coordinate events including facilitation and action item management
A day in the life
As a Senior Program Manager in the Advertising Supply & Monetization team, you will be responsible for a variety of programs from planning to delivery, collaborating across teams in both Amazon Retail and Amazon Advertising. You will partner with Technical Program Managers, Product Managers and Engineering Leaders to develop and deliver products to delight our customers.
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous business development/publisher experience are highly desired
- Able to understand and modify existing SQL queries
- Able to analyze data and derive business insights
- Strong experience with Excel and Pivot tables
- Basic understanding of technical integration of concepts, and the ability to build relationships with marketing & product managers, sales stakeholders, dev managers, SDEs and designers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.