The Student Programs (SP) organization is responsible for attracting, hiring, and integrating the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon’s global workforce.
We are looking for a self-motivated, high-judgment, and deeply analytical program manager to support our diversity & inclusion efforts and own our cross-functional stakeholder engagement mechanisms globally. This includes rhythm of business activities including coordination of the DEI Steering Committee, Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs), Operational Planning and Budgeting, as well as optimization of our communication plans and strategies.
To be successful in this role, the business operations lead will need to excel at leading without authority, partnering with customers and stakeholders to align strategies and level-set on expectations, and operate with a high-level of autonomy to ensure simplification of processes, delivery of efficiencies, and that mechanisms are continuously improved.
· Operationalize organizational and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies, enabling the DEI team to achieve business goals.
· Manage the annual business cycle for strategic and financial planning and quarterly and monthly reporting. Includes managing and coordinating the deliverable preparation with team leads.
· Collect, analyze, and present data. Develop and maintain metrics and reports that assist in managing business operations. This includes MBR metrics and program effectiveness data.
· Establish and manage regular operational reviews and performance reporting. Includes coordinating with the necessary stakeholders, ensuring information is relevant, accurate, easy to consume, and identifies improvement opportunities.
· Build strong, collaborative relationships with universities in North America, including MSIs, to determine areas of opportunity
· Communicate project status through regular email updates, roadmap prioritization meetings, and other trusted mechanisms (QBRs, narratives, etc.).
· Maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedules. Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals, and commitment to timelines and deliverables.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· MBA or graduate degree
· Any degree in a learning or education related field
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
· Previous Operations Management experience strongly preferred as well as experience with business intelligence and analytics
· Experience working with senior managers in implementing, streamlining, or automating systems and processes