At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. As part of our Climate Pledge to reach net zero carbon by 2040, we’re inventing solutions to drive carbon emissions out of our real-estate portfolio. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. As a Sustainability Program Manager you will be responsible for developing strategy and executing programs that reduce carbon emissions and improve the sustainability of our facilities and emerging business operations.
This candidate will work with stakeholders throughout various Amazon teams, such as Real Estate, Transaction, Pre-Construction, Construction, Facility Maintenance, and new business teams to help design zero carbon facility solutions into new Amazon facilities. This role will focus on incorporating sustainable factors for new Amazon fulfillment facilities. The role will focus on accelerating the deployment of sustainability broadly into our buildings through dematerialization and lower embedded carbon material strategies, electrification and energy efficiency, chemical reduction in facility materials, water management, and other sustainable design strategies. The candidate will partner with new and existing internal business teams to help accelerate action against Amazon’s sustainability goals by analyzing and driving execution opportunities. This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the United States and will require occasional travel.
· Evaluate the embodied carbon of Amazon building designs and implement strategies to reduce the material intensity of Amazon facilities
· Evaluate new technology and industry barriers to decarbonize the built environment
· Work with diverse stakeholders to coordinate, and implement strategies to reduce, monitor, optimize Amazon’s energy, water, and waste from building operations
· Provide coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for each building type
· Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
· Develop initial construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
· Analyze and communicate the financial impact of projects and initiatives
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction, Environmental science, or related field
· 5+ years of experience working in building industry, focused on energy and sustainability
· 5+ years of experience managing project timelines, contractor scopes, and project budgets
· 5+ years of experience with building systems and commercial/industrial construction practices
· 5+ years of experience developing and implementing carbon reduction and sustainable building implementation strategies for energy, carbon, water, materials and waste – from concept through operations
· Advanced degree (MBA, MS, etc.)
· LEED Accredited Professional, PE, CEM or other building professional accreditation
· Experience reading and interpreting building engineering drawings
· 3+ years of demonstrated sustainable building project experience
· Experience with current building regulations
· Deep green building experience with demonstrated industry-leading sustainability design and construction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
San Francisco, CA: P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
State of Colorado: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $74,200-$129,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.