Full Job Description
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
- 3+ years of product management or consulting experience in technology focused business
- Prior experience managing technical products or online services
- Strong relationships building skills; experience managing stakeholders and partners to drive cross functional programs
- Experience providing architectural guidance and direction, strong judgment especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals
Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond. Fulfillment By Amazon enables Sellers to provide fast and efficient deliver to their customers using Amazon fulfillment services. Sellers now make up the majority of the business on Amazon.com.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Inventory products team you will deliver services to Sellers through both Amazon Seller Central, the portal for Seller services, and APIs that integrate into Seller workflows and systems. These services include proving Sellers with reporting and insights to guide their most critical decisions such as when to restock, advertise, markdown, or launch value recovery.
In this role you will the end-to-end owner of building a world-class experience for our Sellers and influencing policies and fees to drive engagement and adoption. You will work with partners in UX, analytics, and engineering for the building of solutions and engaging with marketing and PR for the Seller outreach.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Strategic Thought Leader – You shape the direction of the business through well-vetted, innovative ideas. You turn ideas into reality, with a focus on the future of product innovation.
- A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master’s classes. You are comfortable relying on the expertise of others to learn and shape your big ideas.
- A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are delivering PRFAQs, conducting a presentation, or seeking feedback from stakeholders.
- A Trusted Partner – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You rely on solid data and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
- Lead the development of the product vision focused on improving the Seller experience.
- Write and present business cases (backed by strong research and analysis) in partnership with all stakeholder teams
- Define and manage near-term and long-term product roadmaps, managing trade-offs and competing priorities
- Develop the user experience, goals, stories and requirements that will be used to create product specifications.
- Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing) program successes, failures, lessons learned and mitigations plans to stakeholders.
- Be an excellent communicator, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams
- MBA from a leading business school
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
- Team orientation and willingness to roll up sleeves to solve complex, dynamic challenges