Full Job Description
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- 5+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and 3+ years of finance experience
Amazon’s “Last Mile” delivery service is responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers’ packages on time – often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional “deliver by van” with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more – all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with Last Mile Delivery Service Partner (DSP) Products teams focused on delivering new products to enhance the experience and productivity of DSPs and Delivery Associates globally. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon’s portfolio of businesses.
This role will play a key strategic role to launch and enhance DSP value-added services globally and collaborate closely with the DSP Product team and country leaders to build, assess, and continually improve the offerings. Primary stakeholders include the global risk management team, principal product managers, country finance managers, FP&A, and business intelligence.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
- Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
- Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
- MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.