At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, and that includes taking care of the planet, too. Amazon is on a path to be net carbon zero by 2040. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people to solve problems that never been tried before. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager to support Sustainability for the North America (NA) Outbound Transportation team. This position will work closely with various stakeholders across the fulfillment network including Operations network design, fulfillment centers, line haul, sort centers, Amazon Air, last mile delivery, delivery excellence, and systems teams to solve complex problems that directly reduce the amount of carbon resulting from transportation activities. A Program Manager will use sound judgement and make smart trade-offs to deliver the vision for the Sustainability team in NA Global Transportation Services. This highly visible role will gather inputs, ensure accurate and clear reporting, set and align goals with partner teams, coordinate projects, and measure improvements. Additionally, this person will partner with the worldwide, Canadian, and European teams to align assumptions, share best practices, and assist in consolidated executive reporting.
· Deliver reporting documents and business case analysis providing insights, recommendations, risks, and benefits of various carbon reduction initiatives.
· Coordinate and align stakeholders to produce and maintain a carbon reduction roadmap, investment requirements, and highlight gaps to goals.
· Drive and track continuous improvement of carbon intensity per package. Adjust quickly to lessons learned and feedback.
· Understand and leverage other teams and cross-functional resources where synergies exist.
· Think broadly beyond Outbound Transportation for additional end-to-end improvements from supplier to customer.
· Ensure common metrics and definitions are being used consistently across the organization.
· Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system enhancements to standardize, simplify, and improve data quality.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or related field
· 3+ years of relevant transportation or supply chain experience
· 3+ years experience with advanced Excel
· Master’s degree in Business Administration
· Experience delivering results in an ambiguous environment
· Experience with data extraction using SQL or similar tools
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with a high-level of detail, dealing with ambiguity, and leading cross-functional teams
· Experience working independently and self-motivating in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior leadership
· Lean/Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .