Are you interested in shaping the future of live sports broadcasting? Do you want to define the next generation of how Amazon customers are watching live sports?
If so, you might be the right person for the Program Manager role on the Prime Video Live Events team, bringing new sports leagues and other live broadcast events to Prime Video customers around the world.
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
A day in the life
You will define and execute the programs to bring new sports leagues to Prime Video and launch the live events for our customers in the US and around the world. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
About the hiring group
The team’s core mission is to manage programs and workflows associated with delivering live content to Amazon customers. This involves interacting with sports media and metadata partners, managing workflows through the publishing process, and defining operational procedures with the goal of bringing highly engaging sports content to Prime Video customers. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with cross-functional counterparts in product management, engineering, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to ensure the teams and systems are supporting the broader growth of our business, launching new features, developing and growing business opportunities, and enhancing our customer experience.
As the launch manager, you will be responsible for taking a new sport on Amazon from deal signing to first live broadcast.
Key activities include:
· Plan, coordinate and track cross-functional workstreams across product, technology, merchandising and operational teams to bring new sports events to live on Prime Video.
· Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, Production, and Marketing to define how live and on-demand content will be presented to customers on Prime Video.
· Work cross functionally with the content acquisition, product management, engineering, merchandising, and operations teams to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution to launch the sports events on Prime Video.
· Work closely with sports media partners, metadata aggregators and post houses to deliver results and continuously improve the processes for publishing sports content.
· Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve quality improvements and operational efficiency gains.
· Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience defining and executing against program requirements
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience and understanding of digital video streaming and/or digital video supply chain
· Experience with managing projects for live broadcasting
· Work experience within sports entertainment
· Work experience in building and managing operational teams for online services
· Ability to build positive long-term relationships with both internal and external partners and influence them to deliver results
· Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with technical employees
· Experience with writing functional requirements to create new tools or refine processes/policies.
· Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior in order to drive new feature development
· Competent to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
· Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior leadership
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services