Head of Ops Live Event Experiences, Amazon Global Communities (AGC)
Ever wonder how Amazon delivers millions of packages every day largely through a network comprised of thousands of third party companies required to operate in unison across its’ supply chain? Are you excited about the convergence of digital and in-person interactions, and have ideas on how to blend these experiences to strengthen human connections? Amazon Global Communities is on the cutting edge of using social media software, in-person events, and bar-raising content to connect critical third party supply chain partners with Amazon leaders to accelerate learning, knowledge sharing, and innovation that supports supply chain scale.
We are seeking a Head of Ops Live Event Experiences to join our team who will lead a flagship event for our organization – Ops Live. In this role, you will drive the end-to-end design, content development, and execution of the Ops Leader Event. You will combine event management, technology, and marketing expertise to build a world-class attendee experience for attendees. You will conceive new ways to reach AGC community members with event experiences that incorporate virtual elements. You will be part of the AGC business leadership team and directly manage professionals event management and communications.
The Head of Ops Live Event Experiences will help define engagement strategies and goals for the event, manage the budget and event program plan, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders deliver a high-quality experience for our community members. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews and post event debriefs, and be asked to invent new event formats to raise the bar on attendee experience. The role will require international travel and you will also be responsible for recruiting and leading a team.
To have success in the role you will be a highly motivated, organized leader with outstanding communications skills, as well as experienced at hiring, developing and growing large teams on complex events. You will interface with multiple stakeholders to plan the event, and be comfortable influencing event strategy adoption at senior levels of Amazon. You will utilize your attention to detail and your experience in event management to ensure high quality results.
You have willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- 10+ years of experience building and developing teams responsible for complex, high profile events. Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Track record of inventing new event concepts and taking them from inception to implementation.
- Manage organization sizes over 5+ individuals, and event budgets in excess of $20M+
- Blended product management and event execution experience that will enable you to define the vision for an event, influence senior leaders to support, and manage the team through execution.
- Proven experience delivering both large scale (5k+ people) and more intimate executive (C-suite) events to a very high standard on behalf of a broad range of customers, ideally in a B-2-B events environment
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable results.
- Skilled contract negotiator with a demonstrated track record of finding creative ways to do more with less within the confines of allocated budgets
- Industry experience in large tech companies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab)