Full Job Description
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field
- 5+ years of finance or related expereince
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
We are seeking a highly effective Finance Leader to be a key partner with the Amazon Game Studio team. This is a very exciting time as we redefine the game space. This position will play a key role in working with senior business leaders in managing and defining the long-term direction of this business as we innovate in the gaming space.
This role will be part of broader Digital/AWS Finance team in which you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to senior executives. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
- Serve as the key finance partner working directly with Game Studio senior management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
- Lead strategic initiatives that serve as the building blocks for global business operations
- Own the global P&L for the Game Studio business
- Influence business decisions by effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
- Manage the budget for infrastructure expenses and headcount for the business
- Conduct ad-hoc (e.g. life-time-value, valuation) analysis to support business development activities and new products planning
- Manage the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities
- Report on the financial performance. Lead in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial review
- MBA or advanced degree
- Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of SQL reporting and queries
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with senior business partners in a fast-moving business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.