Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline (ideally computer science or engineering)
- 10+ years of experience delivering successful products or developing businesses in a technical field
- 6+ years people management experience
- Experience shaping product strategy, prioritization, and specification
- Excellent communication (written/oral) and stakeholder/partner management
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly-demanding and often ambiguous environment with attention to detail
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks an experienced people manager who will lead a team of product managers within AWS Billing. We operate the systems that meter usage and compute costs across AWS offerings. As such, we operate at massive scale and continuously develop cutting-edge technologies to accommodate AWS’s rapid growth. On top of these complex systems sits a suite of streamlined solutions we manage that enable us to commercialize and offer products to end customers with flexibility and ease.
Key job responsibilities
You will be the single-threaded leader for the suite of products which enable AWS to offer, price, and discount our full array of products and services. You will lead long-term strategy where you look into the future and come up with game-changing solutions. You do so with the technical ability to break that dream down into realistic components and deliver results along thoughtful roadmaps. Your affinity with your customer shines through. You understand how you can improve their experience now and anticipate where they will need help in the future.
A day in the life
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
About the team
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience building billing management and configure, price, quote (CPQ) solutions
- Experience with platforms and development tools
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
- Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to define, plan, deliver, and measure products with a growing scope or complexity
- Experience working with, engaging, and influencing multiple cross-functional teams and leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.