Full Job Description
- 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- 6+ years of experience managing teams
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and product managers
- Experience delivering technology products in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into products
The Advertising Verticals team owns accelerating the advertising business for highly strategic product lines globally. A fast-growing part of the Amazon Advertising organization, we work on complex engineering, optimization, econometric, and shopper-experience problems in order to maximize the opportunities to improve the customer journey on Amazon.
We have “carte blanche” to redesign experiences and technical stacks – from scratch if needed – in order to raise the customer experience in our supported product lines. Our programs require large scale and expandable system engineering to enable new placements, build distributed systems that integrate with Retail and AWS, and drastically reduce development efforts. There are opportunities for novel applications of Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning at every layer in the stack. Our team thrives on solving tough and complex problems across system design, front-end and back-end cutting edge technology, big data, and machine learning in order to delight our customers with best-in-class advertising solutions.
The leader will own all aspects of product development and delivery of their vertical: P&L, product management, engineering, QA, science, program management. They will define the success metrics, criteria, mechanisms to effectively manage their programs and will own the relationship with their retail partners at Amazon.
This is a new role that we have created in response to a rapid and accelerating growth in our advertising business. We are putting together brand new teams responsible for incubating and launching new advertising experiences in Amazon’s constantly changing retail landscape (and beyond).
The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial and will own driving the success of their vertical business end-to-end. They will own the vision, the roadmap, the execution of their program. In their vertical, they will own putting forward a bold customer experience vision, a financial forecast, they will hire a 2-pizza teams of experts (across product, science, engineering, marketing, etc.), deliver against their product and financial goals, and scale the program.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- Proficiency with agile or other program management methodologies
- Adept at building processes, project management, and release schedules
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience driving multifaceted, cross functional initiatives
- Track record of software projects delivery
- Resourceful in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Knowledge of Amazon technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills