Senior Revenue Management Analyst
Job Category: Marketing
Requisition Number: SENIO009578
- Posted: September 14, 2021
Showing 1 location
Alterra Mountain Company (HQ)
Denver, CO 80216, USA
AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION | ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. Alterra Mountain Company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail, and service businesses.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
As an individual-contributor member of the Denver-based Alterra Mountain Company Revenue Management team, the Senior Revenue Management Analyst assists in planning and reporting aspects of the pricing and revenue management strategy for Ikon Pass, local pass and frequency products, lift ticket pricing, and other major products that drive revenue to the resorts. This position integrates quantitative and qualitative analyses into the revenue management process. This position will be a key interface with multiple Alterra Mountain Company destinations to ensure consistency and sharing of best practices. This position will lead the efforts to track competitive data from across the industry, and then sharing output with destinations and senior management. The successful Senior Revenue Analyst will use available data and reporting tools to generate analytical models designed to optimize pricing plans that drive positive financial results for the enterprise. This role requires the skills and abilities to be self-driven and work independently, while also being able to communicate effectively and influence thinking with the AMC resort teams as well as with AMC executive leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Significant ad-hoc Excel modeling around season pass and frequency products, as well as consolidation and reporting function for various destination results.
- Acts as the key conduit between local AMC teams and Corporate functions (I.T., Marketing, Finance), as it relates to new pass and frequency product introductions, including owning the centralized tracking of these products from a product attribute and pricing perspective to ensure product roll-outs are aligned between stakeholders.
- Create and refine quantitative models to predict future demand.
- Create a process and format for driving weekly, monthly, and yearly processes to set overall pricing plans, base prices, and yield plans; including being a key partner to the various destinations in the company. This process includes compiling forward looking pacing data and trends combined with competitive pricing data to influence upcoming resort-level pricing strategies on a regular (eg weekly) basis via meetings with local resorts or AMC senior management.
- Create a process for recording, tracking, and analyzing competitive pricing and other metrics, including sharing results with other Alterra destinations and company senior management.
- Continually review existing reporting and analytics to ensure metrics are meaningful, relevant, efficient, and instill executive-level confidence in the central Revenue Management process.
- Work with Corporate and Destination teams on development of new products and appropriate pricing plans.
- Develops and oversees processes associated with demand, revenue, inventory, forecasting and opportunity analysis.
- Maintains updated tracking of term summaries and database of contracts for Ikon Pass partnerships.
- Is a key member of merger and acquisition due diligence planning teams, assisting in analyzing pre-acquisition product offerings and revenue, then coming up with forward-looking integration strategies to maximize revenue (eg product additions or deletions and how pass products will integrate with Ikon Pass).
- Work closely with the Analytics and Research team to partner on data queries and resulting analyses of customer purchasing and usage behavioral data to create meaningful analyses which will drive future actions (eg partner valuation, new product innovation, changes to existing products).
- Acts as a key contact for and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders including Resort leadership, Sales Leaders, the Business Owners, the Marketing Team, and the Corporate Team.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is intended as an overview of the scope of the role and is not intended to be exhaustive. With the evolution of Alterra Mountain Company’s business and this role, the responsibilities of this position will change to best support the needs of the business.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role.
- Experience creating detailed Excel models, and experience building out Powerpoint presentations required
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively present information to management, employees, and customers.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources and time. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Highly developed analytical reasoning skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Tableau and PowerBI experience preferred
- Extensive experience with quantitative modeling preferred
- Relevant experience in hospitality or mountain resort industries preferred
- Experience with the revenue management and pricing process for unique products preferred
- Experience developing, pricing, and creating marketing strategies for new products preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Undergraduate degree or coursework in Business Data Analysis, Statistics, Finance, Strategy or Economics preferred
- Masters degree a plus
- Certified Revenue Management Executive (CRME) certification a plus
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $63,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.