AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION | ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. Alterra Mountain Company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail, and service businesses.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents, and discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
This position will be a key contributor in the monthly consolidation process and the preparation of the company’s internal and external financial statements and other reporting requirements, to ensure the integrity and accuracy of consolidated results in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position will also research technical accounting guidance, assist with complex accounting issues, and review new and proposed accounting standards. This position interacts with employees of all levels across the Company’s resorts and business units and requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail and desire to learn.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Prepare and review inputs to the monthly consolidation process, including journal entries, rollforwards, account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Prepare, review, analyze, and tie out quarterly external financial statements and reporting packages to ensure their accuracy, completeness, and adherence to US GAAP requirements
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual disclosure checklists to ensure GAAP and SEC disclosures, as applicable, are complete and accurate
- Perform key controls related to the financial reporting processes
- Assist in the preparation of more complex accounting areas, such as business acquisitions, debt amendments, stock-based compensation, derivatives, leases, cash flows and revenue recognition and address ad-hoc reporting needs, as required
- Research and interpret accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with various stakeholders and departments including the General Ledger Accounting team, Resort Accounting teams, the Shared Services team, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, Marketing, IT, Tax, and Legal
- Prepare for and assist in the execution of internal and external audits, as needed
- Prepare technical accounting memos for new and existing complex accounting issues
- Be an active participant in identifying gaps and implementing improvements in the financial reporting processes.
- Special projects as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of organization
- Proficient in use of technology, especially Microsoft Office Products. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and OneStream Consolidations is a plus
- Has strong analytical abilities combined with general accounting knowledge
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision
- Results-driven, high-energy team player that approaches challenges in a fast moving and high-pressure environment with enthusiasm
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting or equivalent industry experience
- Relevant experience within a large, multi-national, complex corporate organization related to consolidations is preferred
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $63,000 – $95,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.