Allison+Partners is seeking a AM/AD to join our growing Global Reputation Risk + Public Affairs Practice. This position will manage crisis preparedness, planning activities and active crisis response for a wide range of high-profile clients, as well as day to day issues and reputation management. This role will counsel clients on reputation matters as well as help develop and implement programs for crisis response, and strategic reputation management communications including strong media relations skills. This person will work within a team providing strategic counsel, and guidance to clients and contributing to the growth of the practice. The ideal candidate is someone with corporate communications and issues management experience who pays meticulous attention to detail and has strong organizational and time management skills.
You will play a leading role in day-to-day account activity and have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of proactive and reactive issues-oriented projects. We are seeking someone with the ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities, inside and outside traditional work hours. Candidates with a corporate or public affairs background and strong experience supporting crisis and reputation management projects are strongly preferred.
• Support a range of corporate and crisis communications situations including cybersecurity/ data breach issues, product safety issues and recalls, employee misbehavior, NGO campaigns, litigation, investigative reporting, and more
• Serve a member of the team managing issues as they arise
• Work with the team to develop and draft GAP analysis, crisis plans, media strategies, FAQs, memos, crisis simulations and other deliverables as needed
• Oversee and execute proactive media outreach and reactive media relations strategies
• Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met within budget parameters
• Participate in new business development for the group
• 5-8 years of relevant experience in an agency/strategic consulting firm, political campaign, law firm or similar setting
• Crisis communications background and understanding of corporate communications and issues management best practices
• Skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with top tier media relations experience
• Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment
• Exercises exceptional judgment when working with clients, team members and vendors
• A strategist that communicates analytically and persuasively both orally and in writing
• Big picture perspective and adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts