Full Job Description
This position leads the Financial Planning & Analysis team to shape, drive and influence business performance and continuous improvement. The Manager is responsible for analysis of company results in addition to building budgets, forecasts and strategic plans. Financial Planning & Analysis is a critical piece in directing the strategic objectives of the company through analysis of operating performance and trends and providing recommendations for identified areas of improvement.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting; MBA
Years of Experience: Minimum three (3) years’ experience in relevant analytical and/or finance positions at a divisional or corporate level with at least two years of analyst experience, managerial experience a plus.
Credit Check: No
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book Valid/Unexpired Driver’s License
- Demonstrated negotiation and leadership experience. Airline labor experience a plus.
- Access (preferred)
- Ability to work with various data repositories and extract data
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Oversee the preparation and roll-up of the company budget and forecast and provide monthly variance analysis to identify areas of concern
- Create financial models to analyze various business opportunities and cost savings initiatives
- Build reporting tools for operating groups and departments
- Develop key performance indicators and trend analyses with recommendations to assist in improving cost efficiencies within the operation
- Create variance and ad hoc analyses for financial results
- Generate ideas and implementation of plans for process improvements throughout the operation
- Provide project and operational analysis for senior management
- Logically structure complex issues and communicate conclusions and alternatives
- Provide definition and clarity to ambiguous issues
- Partner with operating unit heads and provide business guidance
- Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.