Full Job Description
Albertsons Companies is a highly innovative retailer that’s rapidly expanding its digital footprint of first and third party grocery commerce capabilities. With a base of over 2,300 retail locations, rapidly growing ecommerce fulfillment capabilities and loyal, high frequency shoppers, Albertsons is poised for innovation that dramatically improves the lives of local consumers.
The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in retailing, including Safeway, Albertsons, Andronicos, Acme, Vons, United and more.
As an Innovation Strategy & Analysis leader, you will identify and evaluate major new growth opportunities via qualitative and quantitative analyses that uncover data-driven insights that help leadership drive better innovation strategy and major decision-making. This is a highly visible role that will collaborate closely with key leaders and be a critical driving of accelerating the highest potential innovations.
- Develop sophisticated business cases, market research, data analyses and financial modeling that results in data-driven recommendations and supports major decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Partner closely with cross-functional leaders in product management, marketing, engineering, strategic partnerships and other functions to advance projects that drive measurable impact.
- Perform internal/external research on the viability of opportunities, with an eye towards product/market fit definition, areas for differentiation and that are likely to lead to large market opportunities.
- Maintain sophisticated understanding of the industry and competitive environment and translate takeaways into insights and recommendations.
- Support build-buy-partner analyses to help leadership determine the most efficient way to unlock high potential opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with finance and data/analytics to ensure data gathering activities connect to company goals and objectives.
- Develop financial models for new potential businesses and partnerships and support their ongoing forecasting, reporting and review processes.
- Prepare presentations and documentation that communicate complicated business strategies and financial plans to executives, board of directors, colleagues and other external parties.
- Drive continual improvement so that we become smarter, more thoughtful and data-driven each and every day.
- 4-7+ years of relevant experience required. Experience with a top tier strategy consulting or investment banking firm preferred; domain expertise with consumer-facing digital marketplaces, ecommerce and/or advertising networks a plus.
- Exemplary corporate strategy, analysis, financial modeling and problem solving capabilities.
- Top-notch analytical and strategic horsepower.
- Positive, optimistic attitude, high degree of intrinsic motivation and ability to operate with autonomy and flexibility.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities as well as work well in teams
- Be comfortable in a very rapidly moving early stage venture that’s also highly collaborative
- Deft understanding of the latest trends and players across marketplaces, digital access to local services and related trends across digital media and the broader Internet
- BA/BS degree from top tier university required, MBA or equivalent experience desirable
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.