Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Job Description and Qualifications
The Global Gases Senior Financial Analyst role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the Company’s large plant sale of equipment business as well as primary consolidation and reporting responsibilities for the Global Gases Segment.
- Senior Financial Analyst – Equipment Sales and Plant Support (ESPS): the analyst will provide financial leadership to the Company’s Global Equipment Sales and Plant Support business area. There are 3 distinct revenue streams in ESPS – Sale of Equipment, Plant Support, and Gasification License
- Sale of Equipment:
- Sale of equipment is a growing area with enhanced financial statement risks.
- Working with the Project Directors and improved project estimating and execution process, understanding cost timing and cost drivers.
- Working with the project management team and cross functionally with other finance organizations, understand the revenue and profit profile of the project and the financial statement impacts of any changes in cost or scope.
- Work closely with project and commercial management of each project to understand the underlying contract, engineering, country, and project execution risks embedded in the projects, and independently assess and validate necessary reserves through the project life, to include warranty reserves, project reserve, business areas reserves, and contingencies.
- Plant Support
- Work closely with the Global ESPS team to pursue business opportunities in plant turnarounds, Operate and Maintain (O&M) agreements, and parts supply and other opportunistic revenue opportunities that leverage our core capabilities in industrial gas plant reliability
- Gasification License
- Work closely with the Gasification License team to pursue business opportunities in license sales agreements and other opportunistic revenue opportunities that leverage our core capabilities in gasification
- Sale of Equipment:
- Global Gases Segment : the analyst will assist with the monthly financial results and annual operating plan processes for the Global Gases Segmen, which consists of Air Products Membranes, ESPS, Mega sale of equipment projects such as Jazan and GGulf Coast Ammonia, Global Engineering and Manufacturing, and other cost areas such as Operational Excellence.
- Investor Relations/External Reporting: The analyst be working closely with the Global Gases Segment controller to manage investor relations and external reporting requirements for the segment to include the quarterly investor relations materials, periodic IR inquiries, and external reporting requirement for the 10k and 10Q such as quantification of backlog
- Work independently to understand cost and profit trends in our large plant sale of equipment business and the Company’s Plant Support business
- Develop reports and ad hoc analysis to help understand trends and financial performance in the ESPS business and the Global Gases Segment
- Lead the quarter close activities for the Global Gases Segment and develop the Investor Relations (IR) reporting package
- Lead important aspects of our annual operating plan process across the organization
Functionally and administratively to the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) controller for ESPS activities and to the GEMTE/ Global Gases Segment controller for Global Gases Segment consolidation and reporting responsibilities. The EPC controller reports to the GEMTE / Global Gases Segment Controller.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MBA with a finance concentration
- 2-4 years financial analysis experience
- Consolidation and segment reporting experience a plus, but not required
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Business Sector / Division