Works closely with the Program Management team to analyze project performance and manage project financials. Largely focused on variance analysis, tracking performance to budget, project financial forecasting, identifying opportunities for performance improvement and assisting with project revenue recognition.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Program Managers, Project Engineers, and Product and Business Development teams to report on actuals and manage projects/programs to budget and perform variance analysis
- Assist with month end project financial close process, including cost accounting and earned value management
- Update short- and long-term project forecasts
- Provide analytical support in relation to pricing strategy of new opportunities
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses to assist program managers
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling < 5%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Economics from four-year college or university; 0-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Financial Analysis or Accounting background
- Summarized detailed data into concise reporting to support decision making.
- Develops and presents recommendations from accurate assessments and/or analysis
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
- Cost accounting experience preferred but not required
- Intermediate with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Adaptive and Power BI preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA is a plus, but not required
Hiring Salary Range: $50,625-$63,263
Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)