Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
As an insurance industry leader, we’re in the business of helping our clients manage risk. And as a global corporation of nearly 50,000 employees in more than 80 countries, we face a wide array of our own risks every day. These can come from financial markets, operational errors and regulatory changes, which can affect our workforce, our profitability and more. The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is responsible for ensuring that our businesses have the right tools and systems in place to identify measure and manage these risks. It also determines if AIG is paid sufficiently for the risks we take.
As an ERM employee, you will shape and support how AIG manages its risks. Your knowledge about the company’s risks will shape the daily decision-making among AIG’s businesses and functions, while informing our clients and the markets that we serve. ERM also encourages them to speak up when they spot something that fosters risk so that we can address it in a timely manner.
About the role
The Sr. Risk Analyst will support the Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in monitoring credit risk across AIG.
We want to hear from you today if you can:
- Support the execution of AIG’s Credit Risk framework in compliance with AIG’s Credit Risk Policy.
- Work with CRM team members to create and productionize key reports for credit risk monitoring.
- Document identified CRM Operational Risk events and report on progress of remediation plans.
- Coordinate the completion of CRM’s RCSAs and manage any resulting project plans.
- Manage 3rd party vendor management relationships on behalf of the CRM team.
- Coordinate CRM responses to Business Continuity Management requirements.
- Coordinate the capture and reporting of review and challenge activities performed by the CRM team.
- Assist in the compilation of CRM contributions to reports for Regulators and Senior Management.
- Support committee reporting, portfolio monitoring efforts and special projects.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in a large, complex financial institution in a credit operating or credit-related function.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with various levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Very good knowledge of capital markets, financial markets.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to interface successfully within all levels of a large organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of SAS or SQL.
- Knowledge of business information tools such as Power BI and MicroStrategy.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K – $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.