Your future team
AIG’s Reinsurance Strategy Analysts are responsible for assisting the Senior Reinsurance Placement Officer(s) in managing ceded reinsurance for assigned General Insurance portfolio.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
- Assists with preparation of underwriting questionnaires, reviews/scrubs/analyzes data collected for accuracy, prepares exhibits for incorporation in reinsurance underwriting submissions.
- Obtains market security approvals, prepares experience exhibits, handles all internal contract administration duties, and maintenance of files relating to individual reinsurance placements. Obtains approval for non-standard language when necessary.
- Liaises with Legal, Actuarial, and Finance etc. as needed to ensure proper administration of existing and legacy reinsurance placements.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations of premium and loss for bordereau preparation and reinsurance exposure reporting. Works with internal/external modelers to monitor exposure accumulations.
- Tracks reinsurance placements, documentation and all corporate compliance requirements. Disseminates and articulates expectations and new/modified AIG standard reinsurance language to reinsurance intermediaries and direct writing reinsurers and monitors for compliance.
- Coordinates underwriting audits with reinsurers and intermediaries.
- Responds to and resolves internal and external reinsurance-related issues. Participates in ad hoc reinsurance-related projects and assignments as required.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience; Insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of financial statements and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions when necessary.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Exposure to insurance lines such as (Casualty, Property, etc.) is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.