Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
As an actuary at AIG, you will be challenged and encouraged to reach your greatest potential. Every day will bring new opportunities to stretch your analytical and problem- solving skills as you improve how we predict and mitigate risk. Our Financial Actuaries are on the frontlines, quantifying risk, pricing insurance and reserving losses for AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies globally. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries support AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics and performance measurement. They collaborate with Marketing, Operations and Financial Management.
About the role
We are seeking an actuarial professional to assist with advancing our analytics within AIG’s Lexington Professional Lines business. This is an exciting position focused on surplus-lines management liability and professional liability products, performing both pricing and reserving functions. The actuary will help elevate the technical capabilities of the team through dynamic work projects such as profitability studies, reserve studies, claim modelling, reinsurance & planning support, and building out portfolio management & monitoring tools. The individual will be a trusted business partner, working with groups like claims to understand reserving practices and judicial environment trends, as well as with underwriting to understand changing portfolios and ensure profitable growth.
What you need to know:
- Perform and communicate the results of pricing studies and reserve studies for the Lexington Professional Lines segments
- Work closely with underwriting business partners to review market trends, understand portfolio shifts, identify pockets of profitable business, and help management develop and quantify the impact of underwriting actions
- Work closely with claims business partners to review claim trends, examine changes in the judicial environment, and quantify changes in reserving practices
- Help advance the team’s ability to perform deeper analytics such as ranges of reasonability, sensitivity testing, and optimal portfolio mix
- Monitor loss trends and relevant industry/regulatory changes, and effectively communicate to management
- Estimate, review, and evaluate actual monthly claim emergence against expectations
- Support the quarterly close/booking process
- Support the annual planning process
- Ensure model validation, SOX compliance and documentation standards are met
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- Actively taking CAS exams, pursuing ACAS or FCAS credential
- 2 years or more experience, management liability or professional liability familiarity preferred
- Innate drive to continuously learn and innovate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong business and collaboration skills and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Flexibility and effective time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience in SQL, R, or SAS preferred
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.