Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG’s success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG’s insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG’s business objectives.
About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity for an actuarial professional to cultivate a deep and industry-leading understanding of the insurance risks facing our business. You will have the opportunity to: help advance the application of nontraditional reserving methods, collaborate across departmental functions, interact with senior research actuaries, and influence critical risk decisions. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, is intellectually curious, can manage multiple projects, and is driven to enhance existing processes.
- Assist in measuring reserve and pricing risk across all of AIG’s P&C Lines of Business globally and determine the implications for capital management.
- Calibrate stochastic insurance risk variability for all P&C lines of business using Generalized Linear Models.
- Help develop model improvements and refine assumptions in collaboration with Enterprise Risk Management.
- Enhance process for estimating future trends and associated forecast risk.
- Integrate analysis into performance measurement of reserve estimates and underwriting results.
- Determine liability cash flow projections to duration match assets and inform risk-based capital models.
- Analyze information to determine the adequacy of loss and loss expense reserves using actuarial techniques; oversee and prepare reserve study documentation; prepare information for financial statements.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in property and casualty insurance – commercial casualty reserving (WC, GL) experience preferred
- 5+ actuarial exams preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ideal candidate has proficiency with R; experience with SQL, SAS, or Python is a plus
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with insurance risk models and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.