Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business (Choose the relevant description)
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial
and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through
a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
The Treaty Implementation Team is responsible for the end to end implementation of the firm’s treaties including, system setup, cross team coordination (i.e., reinsurance and profit center underwriting, claims, placement team and collections, accounting, IT, etc…), managing treaty documentation, production support and issue resolution driven from setup or processing issues, and all related compliance and control processes related to the treaty setup process.
This position is for a Senior Analyst for Ceded Re Treaty Processing Unit. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for reinsurance contract setup, interpretation, explanation and maintenance.
- Responsible for Treaty interpretation and coding of domestic and international treaties
- Partner with the Ceded Re Placement Team to ensure reinsurance contracts can be
- fully operationalized
- Responsible for oversight, process documentation and guideline creation for domestic and international treaties
- End to end treaty analysis – underwriting to reinsurance officer analysis to treaty setup
- Reinsurance contract and process subject matter expert
- eTreaty and iRe Contract application subject matter expert including providing operational support and training on applications
- Provide support to underwriters
- SRI subject matter expert
- Provide operational support for Treaty Rearrangement Table (TRT) and Treaty Allocation Table (TAT)
- Responsible for oversight of TRT and TAT table setup and mapping rules design
- Complete audit compliance and SOX controls as necessary
- Provides guidance on a continuous basis to Domestic and International Analysts
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of reinsurance/insurance experience in claims, placement, operations and/or accounting
- Strong reinsurance contract language knowledge
- College degree is preferred
- Ability to lead in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Operational process design and implementation experience
- Experience developing and executing on strategic initiatives
- Experience partnering with IT to manage or support technical / system implementations
- Experience in designing and developing an offshore strategy
- Ability to work in multi-function, multi-location cross border teams with flexibility and adaptability
A look at our benefits (For U.S. and UK only)
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.