2022 AIG Investments Summer Internship Program – Analytics
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
The Investments business is one of the key drivers of revenues and profitability at AIG. Our Investments professionals are responsible for investing the insurance premiums and deposits we collect to generate net investment income that is available to pay claims or benefits and provide returns to shareholders. AIG Investments provides advisory and asset management solutions to AIG, its business units and third-party clients, globally, maintaining an internal investment platform across multiple asset classes. These asset classes include investment grade and high yield corporate debt, sovereign and emerging market debt, municipal debt, securitized products, residential and commercial mortgage loans, private placements, real estate, public equities and private equity. The Investment team is comprised of portfolio managers, traders, research analysts, product owners, loan originators and underwriters and other professionals endeavoring to provide strong returns on our clients’ invested capital. At AIG Investments, we are thought leaders in the global asset management industry with expertise and capital spanning the globe.
About the role
What you need to know:
AIG Investments Summer Intern Program – Analytics
AIG Investments Summer Interns have the unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the global asset management industry. As a Summer Intern, you will be exposed to the wide breadth of investment products and solutions that AIG Investments has to offer. You will be staffed across various Analytics teams and be given the opportunity to gain detailed insights into the world of asset valuation models and platforms, quantitative portfolio and funds strategies, model operations and processes, security level analytics and performance measurement and risk attribution.
The roles and responsibilities focus on applied quantitative methods in combination with effective process, operations and controls and a view to develop valuation, trading and analytical tools to support a wide range of customers and business requirements.
Summer Interns have the opportunity to work with Analytics teams that typically include:
- Investments Analytics
- Securities and Portfolio Analytics Services
- Public Equity & Hedge Fund Strategy
The Summer Intern Program is a 10-week program targeted towards candidates expecting to graduate in 2023, Undergraduate Junior (rising senior) or candidates in the final year of their Masters program. After 3 days of an AIG-wide orientation hosted offsite, Summer Interns will join one of the Analytics teams, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical and professional skills in a fast paced and global investment environment. In addition to the experience and training acquired, summer Interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management through weekly lunch seminars, networking receptions, senior speaker series and weekly mentor breakfasts.
What we’re looking for:
- Candidate for Undergraduate Bachelors or Masters Degree by August 2023 with Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 (unofficial transcript required with application).
- Excelled in their previous work experience and/or demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, with a demonstrated interest and coursework in mathematics, statistics and financial markets. Experience, demonstrated interest, and coursework in computer science, engineering and quantitative sciences are a plus.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Curiosity, critical and creative thinking as well as problem-solving skills with attention to detail: Whether it’s to identify a solution to a problem or possibly help implement a more efficient process and reporting solutions. Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable pieces, propose and deliver a solution. Present quantitative solutions clearly to both internal clients and stakeholders.
- Intrinsically motivated and enthusiastic about the asset management industry and or strong desire to pursue a career in Investments.
- Bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial spirit and who possess a powerful blend of hard skills (programming skills, consistent learning, statistical and financial acumen) and soft skills (adaptive communication, flexibility, empathy, listening skills, confidence).
- Team oriented; able to collaborate with a range of functional teams and resolve conflicts as necessary.