Acre has partnered with one of the world’s leading multi-asset alternative investment firms in supporting the growth of their ESG, sustainability and impact capabilities.
The group, who has a strong pre-existing track record in impact aligned and thematic product, is committed to deepening the integration of ESG best practice within their firm, investments and portfolio to create a lasting impact.
The current ESG & Sustainability team, which reports directly into the executive suite, is accountable for driving ESG strategy, integration and value creation across both public and private markets divisions working closely with the relevant investment teams. With a growing real estate portfolio spanning both their private and public markets offering, our client is keen to identify a strong sustainable finance practitioner, with deep climate and investment fluency to drive this workstream within a growing and entrepreneurial team.
The ideal candidate will be an ESG/Sustainability subject matter expert with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of management consulting and ESG integration/engagement experience within financial services or real estate.
This ESG Manager must be able to speak to a strong track record of positive and influential engagement with a variety of business stakeholders and a strong grasp of sustainability innovation and best practice.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working directly with Real Estate business units and firm resources on select ESG projects
- Aligning ESG integration approach with best practices and leading methodologies/ reporting frameworks (GRESB, TCFD)
- Further refining and managing KPI metrics, process and improvement initiatives across portfolio companies, along with the investment team
- Supporting portfolio companies as needed to execute, accelerate, and augment sustainability and climate strategies
- Assisting in developing the Firm’s and Real Estate and Private investment businesses communications around ESG.
- Building and executing portfolio-wide initiatives in key ESG topics (i.e. health & safety, inclusion & diversity, climate change, employee engagement) by strategizing and implementing timely initiatives
- Engaging with investment teams to mitigate material ESG risks and/or create value
Additional Attributes Will Include:
- Experience developing ESG strategies, process design, evaluation and management across business units
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to help operationalize change
- Consultative and problem-solving skills
- Track record of driving sustainability results/impact across an organization
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Allegra Walker or click above to apply!