Full Job Description
Associate Vice President, Consumer
We are seeking an Associate Vice President to join 5W’s thriving Consumer group. The ideal individual will have worked with consumer-driven clients within an agency setting, is an expert at pitching, and possesses superior account and time management skills. This is an exciting opportunity that promises to offer challenges and professional development in an environment where drive, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to exceed expectations is a winning recipe for success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Serve as senior contact for clients, continually fostering client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource and counselor to clients.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address client needs.
- Troubleshoot clients’ problems as they arise; seek senior management input when appropriate.
- Manage and delegate responsibilities of daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results.
- Direct and supervise work responsibilities of staff.
- Take a leadership role in new business proposal development and presentations; work with account teams to build incremental business.
- Help account team(s) work effectively and in the best interests of client(s); maximize agency’s network of resources to enhance client services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing materials including client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports.
- Manage account financials including budget allocation and control ensuring team billability and account profitability.
- Motivate team members by promptly reviewing work and providing constructive feedback.
- Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others.
- Participate in external company promotion through articles, speeches, presentations, professional memberships, etc.
- Begin to build a leadership role in outside organizations to increase 5W’s visibility in marketplace and create new business opportunities.
Here’s what you have:
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- 6+ years of PR agency experience and a min of 3 years in Consumer space