The 4A’s is seeking an enthusiastic, self-directed, data-driven Event Marketing Manager to join the Marketing, Communications and Events practice. The Events Marketing Manager will report directly to the VP of Events and will co-plan and manage the execution of digital and in-person events. This role will co-own our events strategy. The Event Marketing Manager will partner with team members to drive and execute demand gen, creative, digital marketing, as well as partner with Sponsorship team and practice leads to inform and implement holistic strategies for our marketing events. Success in this role requires the ability to understand our events strategy, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of virtual event platforms, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and possess a passion for continuous improvement. This person will need to have an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, this role will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Competency to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and complete discretion
- Partner with VP of Events and SVP of Marketing, Communications, and Events to align with key stakeholders across event strategies.
- Drive best practices for live event strategy and selection, including promotion, giveaways, branding, and messaging.
- Own the event marketing calendar; co-develop event marketing plans, and communication mechanisms with VP of Marketing to achieve 4A’s marketing goals.
- Own event speaker management process from end to end.
- Partner with VP of Events to ensure the necessary event reporting.
- Manage digital demand generation to ensure events achieve registration and attendance goals, and we delight customers by raising the bar with our post-event follow-up.
- Manage event marketing budget reporting.
- Manage workflow for event production needs to execute events at the highest level.
- Build processes for repeatability and scalability of events activities.
- Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the experience.
- Drive and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents.
Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- 7+ years of events marketing experience; delivering live and virtual event programs (500+ attendees) that align to the customer journey and registration goals
- 7+ years facilitating cross-functional interactions to create, plan, and execute events
- 7+ years managing event budgets including POs and invoicing
- 2+ years salesforce (or similar platform) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a relevant field of study.
- Capability to move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
- Proven analytical and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Excellent project management skills, able to hit deadlines and manage numerous events throughout the year
- Strong copywriting skills for event listings, promotional email and social media: creative writing, solid grammar and spelling, while upholding corporate voice and tone
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, and rapidly changing environment
- Creative thinking skills, stays up-to-date with marketing, industry, and event trends
About the 4A’s
We focus on core values of Passion, Agility, Curiosity, and Collaboration as we partner together to support and champion 4A’s members to help their business thrive as we also strive to move the advertising industry forward.
- Great team with a strong mission and incredible energy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) program
- Company-paid: Life, Spousal Life, and Dependent Life Insurance; Disability coverage
- Generous PTO and company leave, including Summer Fridays, Volunteer Days
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Flexible work environment (all staff are remote until Labor Day, 2021; the office will be open to staff at their discretion thereafter)
- Enviable work/life integration
The 4A’s was established in 1917 to promote, advance, and defend the interests of our member agencies, employees and the advertising and marketing industries overall. We empower our members to drive commerce, spark connections, and shape culture through infinite creativity. With a focus on advocacy, talent and the value of creativity and technology to drive business growth and cultural change, the organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which help direct more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend. The 4A’s includes the 4A’s Benefits division, which insures more than 160,000 employees; the government relations team, who advocate for policies to support the industry; and the 4A’s Foundation, which advocates for and connects multicultural talent to the marketing industry by fostering a culture of curiosity, creativity and craft to fuel a more equitable future for the industry.
The 4A’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel policies are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.