A look at the evolution of the fashion industry and where technology is taking it next, from AR/VR dressing rooms to temperature-changing smart fabrics and beyond.
Fashion has always been at the forefront of innovation — from the invention of the sewing machine to the rise of e-commerce. Like tech, fashion is forward-looking and cyclical.
Estimated to be worth more than $3T by the end of the decade, according to CB Insights’ Industry Analyst Consensus, the fashion sector is also one of the largest industries in the world.
And today, fashion technology is growing at a faster pace than ever.
Robots that sew and cut fabric, AI algorithms that predict style trends, VR mirrors in dressing rooms, and an array of other innovations show how technology is automating, personalizing, and speeding up the fashion space.
In this report, we dive into the trends reshaping how our clothes and accessories are designed, manufactured, distributed, and marketed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Product Design
- AI becomes the designer
- How AI is influencing brands
- What fast fashion means for seasons
- The push for sustainability in fashion
- Rapid iteration & production
- Streamlining the fashion supply chain
- 3D printing personalized apparel products
- New robot designs for the fashion manufacturing floor
- Inventory & Distribution
- RFID for verification, automation, & online integration
- Blockchain in the fashion supply chain
- Apparel distribution scales down
- D2C fashion brands shun physical retail
- From ownership to usership: The rise of clothing-as-a-service
- Automated warehouses
- Retail & Virtual Merchandising
- AR/VR redefines the online and in-store experience
- Digital stylists get personal
- What’s Next? High-Tech Fashion Trends To Watch
- Wearable tech: Jewelry, apparel, & footwear
- Virtual fashion
- 3D scanning in the apparel industry
- Novel fabrics
- Synthetic media
- Livestreaming and mining social media
- Closing thoughts
- Product Design
Click Here to View Full Content